Monday, February 11, 2008



This was a pretty good weekend. I decided to get in the kitchen (no matter who was looking over my shoulder) and make some good food. My husband was pretty excited to say the least. We both miss our apartment so very much!!! I use to cook all the time. He loved coming home on his lunch break and seeing my in the kitchen with my apron on cooking a meal for us. I love love love to cook and thats something I don't want to lose. For those of you who don't know my father-in-law is a control freak and if he hears anyone in the kitchen he is in there on top of you watching your every move. It doesn't sound as bad as it is, but its a very hard thing for me to deal with. Imagine being a wife and cooking your husband a meal (weather its comes out good or bad) and you have your father-in-law over your shoulder telling you what you should and shouldn't do. I love him so much and I do appreciate his input once and a while, but not all the time and I need to learn on my own. My husband and I have very similar taste buds. The Lord definatly made us for each other!! My father-in-law can not understand how we dont like certian things he likes. His personality is a hard one to get use to but Im working on it with the help of the Lord. I decided Im getting in the kitchen and Im making dinner and dessert and if he comes in there Im just going to keep going and be excited to make my hubby dinner. Of course I always include my in-laws when I made dinner and they do the same for us. I made my Aunt Mishel's Italian Beef dip sandwiches, home made macaroni and cheese, baby sweet broccoli, and my cousin Ashleigh's famous (in our house its famous) chocoalte dessert. Im not sure the name of it, but let me tell you it is awesome!

It was a hit! Everyone loved it, especially my husband. He told me later that night how excited he is for us to have our own kitchen and for me not to be scared to cook. He told me that is one of his favorite meals in the whole world. My father-in-law even pulled me aside while I was doing the dishes and told me "that was a great meal kid." That comment and my husbands made my month!!! I can't wait to have my own kitchen and cook us a storm!!!!

6 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.--It's always fun to hear from ladies who stop by my blog for a visit.

Your meal looks delicious!

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Heather said...

Girl, that meal looks just wonderful!! Thank you so much for visiting me :) It made my day!

Rebekah said...

That sure sounds yummy -- and the chocolate dessert is making me drool! I had wondered how you were related to Miss Ashleigh -- I have heard your name before! Thanks for visiting my blog -- yours looks pretty interesting, I think I'll have to start reading yours!

Anonymous said...

ahem, actually....Ash stole that dessert from me. ;) LOL Looks like a great weekend and lots of good food!

I can't wait to see you soon, Tiff!!! Love you!!

mama2drama said...

Thanks for visiting! That meal looks so yummy! You should share the dessert for the scrumptious looking dessert.

Mishel said...

I'm so proud of you for making such a GREAT meal! It all looks so yummy!