Thursday, October 9, 2008

12 week update

Here is an update on the baby. This week it is baby lime! HaHaHa.

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, it's toes will curl, it's eye muscles will clench, and it's mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. It's intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into it's abdominal cavity about now, and it's kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

I'm love learning about the growth of babies. I get a lot of info from a book that my sweet cousin Ashleigh told me about "The complete guide to pregnancy and child birth" and a website.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Ana said...

Oh Tiff, I'm so extremely happy for you!! Words can't express the joy I have for you and your husband!

Kristi said...

A lime....how cute is that? Ohhhhh, can you imagine it's little fingers moving? That is so precious.

~Kristi

Sara said...

Yeah I get to play with Baby Lime this weekend. Maybe I'll let its Mommy tag along, hehe

ExploreColorado said...

It truly is a miracle.