Friday, December 8, 2006

Missing my Daddy!

I have to admit when the holidays come around I get a little emotional. I know I know your saying to yourself "Tiffany emotional never." My dads birthday was on Christmas Eve , so Christmas is a little ruff for my family and I. I have been having dreams of my daddy a lot lately. I love when I see him in my dreams! We get to do things we can't do now. For some reason all I have to do is think about something a lot before I go to bed and I will dream it. This doesn't always work, but for the most part it does. I haven't shared this with my family yet cause it is still hard to talk about my dad. I think just this past thanksgiving my mom, brother, sister and I were able to tell stories to each other of things we remember when we were younger. It was very nice. My father has been in heaven for 6 years now. I think everyday without him is a challenge but with the Lords help each day we get stronger. Back to my dream. I have been looking at some pictures of when I was a lot younger, because I am making a scrapbook for my grandpa to give to my uncle. My grandma passed away March of this year. My uncle and I are 6 days apart so we did a lot together when we were younger. I came across this picture and held it in my hands and prayed "Lord I just wish I could have played in the snow with my daddy one last time." Well last night I did just that. I dreamt I was a little girl and I was playing in the snow with my daddy. Just before my stupid (sorry I am using that word) alarm went off my daddy put me on his lap and told me he had to go away for a while but he would see me real soon. When I woke up this morning talk about being emotional. Dash (my new puppy) probably thought "OK my moms crazy." I just wanted to share this dream. I love you so much daddy!!!!

1 comment:

Mishel said...

Tiff,
Uncle Rande and I just read your post. We love you so much! How neat that the Lord would give you such a special dream. We miss your dad too...we have such good memories of him and I know I miss having our deep theological discussions. : ) He always asked the hard questions and always got me thinking (and reading my bible more!). In fact, just today we were talking about him. Remembering how it was hard that his birthday was on Christmas Eve, because it always got overshadowed by the Christmas celebration. Uncle Rande misses having his brother around...they had a special relationship and he always looked up to your dad.

Thanks for sharing your heart...we love you.

Love,
Aunt Mishel
(and Uncle Rande)