Friday, August 8, 2008

The scariest moment ever!!

I'm so glad you couldn't see me a few hours ago because I was a reck. It was one of those times I needed my mommy super super bad to calm me down and she's not here right now. I just about lost it when the Lord knew and had my cousin Misty call me. She was just calling to see what time we were going to hang out tomorrow but little did she know the Lord was going to use her in another way. She listen to me cry and ball my eyeballs out and did just what my mom would do. She said "lets pray", as soon as she was done I felt a sense of calmness come over me. Thank you Lord for my cousins who are always here for me!!! So.. you wanna know what happened? Im sure you do so I will tell you.

I got a call at 10:45 this morning from a lady I didn't know saying "I have your dog Fanny", at that moment for whatever reason I couldn't process what she was saying why and how would she have my dog? I then said to her "what do you mean you have my dog." She then went on to tell me her daughter saw her running in the street and was almost hit by a car so she pulled over went to Fanny and she laid down. The lady picked her up and called my in-laws house because thats the first number on her tag. (we haven't changed it yet we were waiting until we moved and from there life just got busy, tonight they both will be getting new tags!!!!) The poor lady just trying to help got to talk to my father in-law who told her his life story because he wanted her to understand why he couldn't come get Fanny. In his own way he was trying to help but kinda scared her, he's pretty intense like that. She called my cell phone number. (which was the next number on the list) I kept pretty calm when I was talking to her just because I was shocked out of my mind. She told me she had to pick her daughter up from piano lessons and then she would bring Fanny right to me. I hung up with her and then broke down. It was just Fanny where was Dash? Was he at home? Did he run off with her? My heart sank, my tummy filled with knots. I called Jaime and asked her to come home so I could just go check and make sure he was there. She was home in a split (big dog lover) and I rushed over to my house balling my eyeballs out still. I opened that door and there he was jumping and happy to see his mommy and he had no idea how happy I was to see him. The lady and her daughter brought Fanny to Jaime's and she jumped into my arms, I took her home where her and Dash were too happy to see each other. So... I bet you are wondering how did she get out? That's funny well not funny but this morning as Frank and I were walking to our cars for work I said to him "honey you need to put that 2x4 down in front of the gate so the dogs can't get out. Frank said "I will do that this weekend." We leave the doggie door open so they can go potty but Fanny never goes out there she likes her potty pads in the house. I never ever for one second thought they would actually get out. For some reason at the bottom of our gate its flimsy. Thats what I get for thinking. Im doing ok now but I'm sure when I tell Frank I will fall apart a little and then next Wed. when my mom comes home fall apart a little again, but for now Im doing good.

The little girl told me she just got two new puppies so I got her a doggy scrapbook kit and made the mom a thank you card and will be sending that those to them on Monday. Thank you Jesus for keeping my kids safe.

7 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Bless your heart!

Your blog looks beautiful!

I only use the Windex sheets when I am in a hurry, the real Windex and paper towels and newspaper are always the best!

Mishel said...

Oh Tiffany! I am SO thankful that lady stopped for Fanny! And that Fanny is safe and sound! I *know* the Lord had Misty call you at that moment to pray.

Whew!

Love you...

JenLogue said...

Hey Tiffany! Thanks for stopping by to look at my new design. Ashleigh did such a good job. I just love it! By the way, I got the ducky from Wal-Mart. They are only $10. You will find them in the baby bathtub section, but look hard because they are easy to miss.

Mary Brewer said...

Tiffany, thank you for all your sweet comments on my blogs. I am so glad that you found your dog! We have 2 dogs, a pitbull, Lucy, and a lapdog, Patches. They are so great! Patches is by my side every moment of the day. She even waits outside the restroom for me! :) God Bless and have a great summer!
Mary

Ana said...

How wonderful the Lord is. At just the right time He sends people to us (or to find dogs)! How happy!! I'm glad both of your kids are safe!

ExploreColorado said...

I'm glad everything worked out. One time we got home late from somewhere, and our dog was missing. It turns out our neighbors brought her into their porch, she had gotten loose or something. We were very happy to have her back.

Rebekah said...

That must have been **so** scary... I can't imagine...