Tuesday, August 5, 2008

You know just what I need!!!!

Just when I need it!!! It has been 4 1/2 days since my mom and sister headed off to the Philippines for their Missionary trip. I am watching my 1 year old brother for my mom while she is gone and we are both missing our mommy and sissy very much. We have been watching home videos 3 or 4 times a day. We look at pictures throughout the day but I just needed more. I was told they wouldn't be calling and most likely they wouldn't be able to email. I prayed Sunday night "I just need to hear her voice Lord, even if it's for a few seconds." Well..... yesterday as I was talking to my cousin my other line started beeping I almost didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the phone number but it was a number in the desert so I decided to take it, the number was so close to my moms cell phone number. It was my MOMMY!!!!! We got to talk for about 30 seconds and as soon as my bruder heard her voice he started smiling and getting very excited. I got to tell her how great he's doing and not to worry. I told her he's sleeping and really fast told her all the things we were doing, she told me they landed fine and she was watching a 5 pound baby. She said devotions were going great and they were being so blessed. Then the dreaded words came "sweetie I have to go" that's where we both lost it started crying kept telling each other to pray and we loved each other. Then the called was done I was so sad cause I'm use to talking to my mom 2 or 3 times a day, then I remembered I asked the Lord just to talk to her for a few seconds and that's what I got and I was so great full for those few wonderful seconds.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you got to talk to your mom and that they are being blessed.

Have fun with that little bruder of yours!

~Kristi

ExploreColorado said...

Talking to that special person called mommy. always makes the world better.

Ana said...

What happiness! I love how the Lord knows what we need and then provides it, even if it's just a few seconds on the phone with someone!

Mishel said...

I am so happy you were able to talked to your mom. I miss her too! : (

Robin said...

God is so good! He always is so gracious to give us the desires of our hearts.

And I'm glad you are enjoying Redeeming Love - it's an amazing book.