Monday, May 12, 2008

Thank you!

My husband asked me to make him some "Thank you" cards for some of the people he has worked with for the last year. Of course I was so happy to help him out!! I started to make the cards, first I did the girl cards. I wanted to stay simple but cute. I made the girl cards and then thought hey I will just do the boy cards in blue and there you go. Well.... even though they were blue they were still a little too girly for my taste. I did a little more thinking and playing and came up with some better boy "Thank you" cards. I will give you a list of all the products I used and a tutorial for each card. I hope you enjoy!!



Stamps: Much Appreciated and So Many Scallops
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Confetti white
Inks: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Scallop punch, purely pomegranate ribbon and dimensionals

Cut the card to be 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". Score your card at 4 1/4"

Cut a piece of purely pomegranate paper down to 2 1/4" by 5 1/2"

Use adhesive to a attach the strip of purely pomegranate paper onto the confetti white card. Next wrap your ribbon around the card and tie where you desire.

Stamp your "thank you" on the card, next stamp your flower on a piece of confetti white paper and use the scallop punch to make the flower. Attach some dimensionals onto the back of the flower and place it on your card.

The Blue card is all the same directions just use the Blue Bayou colors. See easy and cute!!! Have fun!



Ok here is the "Thank you" card for the boys, much better I know. Especially since it's a boy giving to a boy. Or man giving to a man... you know what I mean.

Stamp: Much Appreciated
Paper: Chocolate chip, Certainly celery, Bashful blue, and whisper white
Ink: Chocolate chip
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch and dimensionals

Cut the card to be 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". Score your card at 4 1/4"

Punch out three circles of each color, bashful blue and certainly celery

Cut out a piece of chocolate chip paper down to 4 1/4" by 1 3/4", cut a piece of certainly celery down to 4" by 1 1/2", and cut a piece of whisper white paper down to 3 3/4" by 1 1/4".

Use your adhesive to attach your circles on your card. Then attach your certainly celery piece to your chocolate chip piece. Stamp your thank you onto your whisper white paper. Put dimensionals on the back of your whisper white paper and attach that to the certainly celery paper.

Now use your adhesive to attach the chocolate chip piece and center on top of the circle punches.

Now you are done and you have a simply buy manly thank you card. Happy stamping!!!

5 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

They look nice. Good Job.
Vickie

Heather said...

Soooo CUTE they look so professional!

Ana said...

Oh, oh, oh, beautiful card sighting!!! How adorable!! I love them. You are SO Mrs. Creative!

Kristi said...

Wonderful cards. I definitely liked your second go 'round on the boy's card. They're fantastic.

~Kristi

~~Deby said...

love these...great cards.
Deby