Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Details

Yesterday was just a super super awesome day for us!! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support!! Here are some details about his job. Since most of you don't know how much of a scardy cat I am, I will just come out and say it. Im a BIG time scardy cat and don't like to be alone. I was praying so hard for the position that Frank got yesterday for that reason. The hours are from 7:00am to 3:30pm. That is soooo perfect cause I work from 7:30am to 4:30pm. I never ever wanted to have to sleep alone. I know there are many women who do it, my cousin and my Aunt do it. The thought of sleeping alone scares me so much!! I think it all stems from when my father passed away. The feeling of being safe at night kinda just left me. I know that my husband is here to protect me but he sleeps so hard that Im scared he wont hear if someone breaks in. I know.. I know I should worry about these kinds of things, but Im human and I do. That is one of the bonuses the hours!!! The other is that it is Monday through Friday and then they take turns being on call during the weekends. That is just awesome!!!!!!! We spent about 8 years of our relationship not ever really spending holidays together and he always worked weekends. Have I said lately the Lord is good? Well..... he is he is he is!!! On top of all that this is a promotion, its not the job he was going to school for, it has to do with what he went to school for but its a couple steps up. They actually need 5 years of experience to even apply for this position, but they saw something in him. The Lord is good! He starts training Monday so that is really cool. Im just so proud of him and trusting the Lord had us in his hands the whole time!! Our next adventure that will start today is finding a place to call home!!! We have been looking and calling but now we can actually start going to places and get serious about it. We are looking at a place today, please pray for us and that the Lord will help us pick the place we are suppose to be in. If todays place isnt where we are suppose to be then just close the door!! Thank you again for all the prayers!!!

8 comments:

Mishel said...

God is so good, yes He is! : )

And the sleeping alone...I don't blame you one bit for feeling the way you do. Even though I've been doing it for so long now, I'm still not used to it. I like it much more when Uncle Rande is here to protect me!

I'm praying for your housing situation and I'm excited to see what God is going to do there too! Oh...and you need to post pics of your new toy--but I guess that might be kinda hard huh?! ; )

Love you oodles!

Robin said...

It sounds like God is looking out for His girl! I feel the very same way you do - I HATE staying alone.

Ana said...

What wonderful news!! I love how God works out Every. Single. Detail.!!!! Don't you? :) It's just so wonderful. I'm so happy for you both, your happiness shows in your posts and wears off when I read it, how can I not be happy? :)

Heather said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Katie said...

OH, congratulations!! I can literally see the excitement in your words.
Praying for your house hunt - it's not exactly fun or stress-free, but so good to find HOME.
:)

mama2drama said...

We are so excited to know that the Lord has answered our prayers. Ciarra is ecstatic and we'll look forward to many more answers to prayer.

ExploreColorado said...

Being at home alone is no fun. For the first 4 years of our marriage my hubby was a subdriver(nights).

One night someone tried to break into our house while he was driving. I was glad we had a big dog, and that my husbands cousin was at college at the time, and was able to come spend the rest of the night there, to make sure they didn't come back.

I was happy when he got in to sales and didn't have to be gone at night anymore.

Vickie

Tiffany said...

Yeah I just have a really hard time being alone!! When we lived in our first apartment he wouldnt get home till 11 or 12 at night and I would sleep on the couch, I dont know why but it felt safer. Plus my sister in-law and her boyfriend lived next door. I could just bang on her wall if I needed her. Im glad Steve is now in sales!!