Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mission Creek Hike


For Memorial Day weekend we decided to go out to the desert and visit my mom. We had such a great time being all together. We did a lot of fun things and had lots of laughs!! We went on a 7.2 mile hike and had a blast.


We always have so much fun when we are together! Laura (my sister) wasn't able to go because she had to work so that was a big bummer! As you can see my "little little" bruder is having blast!! He loves being outside and to be on the move. I can't wait till he can walk and run, then he can just let lose.


Frank and I love being in the outdoors! I kinda feel into a period when I had Vertigo that I didnt want to do or go anywhere. He use to tease me cause I would say "Can't you park any closer I don't want to walk so far." So now that I have gotten out of that lazy period in my life if he parks far away or there is some walking involved I just laugh and say "I love to walk." It's true now!!!


My other little bruder brought an air soft gun with him because well... because he is a boy and we were going to be in to great out doors and he thought it would be a good idea. It was fun for him and Frank cause they were a little bored. Until that is we got to the tables and they were throwing rocks like they were shot puts. It was funny cause Dash was running after then trying to play fetch. A couple times it wasn't funny though cause he beat the rock to the ground and almost got hurt. Back to the gun. We were walking back and my husband SHOT ME with that air soft gun. It burned. He says he didn't mean to and I believe him but oh man did it hurt!!


I just love this picture! My hubby and my bruder just look so cute!! My hubby is going to be a great daddy!! I can't wait!!


Can you tell we are mother and daughter? If so how can you tell? I get people say we sound alike or that they can see it in our faces. Then there are people who just don't believe me at all. I have had to walk away from someone once cause they didn't believe me and there was no point to argue with them. I know she gave birth to me!! It says so on my birth certificate!! :)


So tell me what you would have thought if you were on a walk and you saw this sight. After a while we had to come up with a new way to hold the little guy cause everyones necks were hurting from the pack and putting him on their shoulders. So this is what the boys came up with. So let me set up this picture for you and you can kinda see what I mean. Here are two guys running with a baby one has a gun (air soft) and there are two ladies running about 10 feet behind them. What would you think was going on. My mom and I were laughing while we were running (thats kinda hard to do by the way especially when your out of shape) thinking of all the things onlookers would think if they saw us.


Then we had to say nite nite to the little guy. He fell asleep on Franks head. It was the cutest thing ever!! Good times at Mission Creek!!!

7 comments:

Robin said...

What a fun day - and such beautiful scenery. That last picture is priceless - poor little guy just played too hard!

Ana said...

What fun, fun pictures!!! My favorite is the last one. He will definitely be a good daddy. :)

Kristi said...

That last picture is so precious! I love it. Looks like y'all had a great day.

~Kristi

Heather said...

OH, I kind of miss our hikes in the desert...
I think you look like your mom...especially when you smile :)

Mother Goose said...

Wow! we did have a great day and just for the record the hike was 3.6 miles one way, but who's counting. Ok I am. Thanks for coming home for the weekend.
Love MOM :))))

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Mom I changed the miles just for you!!!!! :)