Thursday, June 12, 2008

Missionary Trip to the Philippines


Aren't these dish clothes beautiful!?! I tell you I love them so much! They work a lot better than just an average sponge! Plus you can wash them and re-use them thats the best!! My mom and sister will be heading off to the Philippines in August with their church for a Missionary trip. We have been raising money for their trip in all kinds of ways. I have gotten really creative trying to help out. We had a recycling drive for them and a penny drive. That was a lot of fun. So many people that have come over to my house ask me "where do you get those dish clothes?" I told my mom you should think about selling them at church or at there garage sale along with the hand made cards. They were and are a hit!!



Here are a few that are going out soon. I have tried a few times to make them and I have to admit its just not my cup of tea. You put a scrapbook in front of me and supplies and watch out. :)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I have one that a neighbor gave me and I love it.

My sister in law is from the Philippines. What kind of work will they be doing there? Do they know? My kids are going to Puerto Rico on a Missions trip next month. They'll be working with one of our missionaries at their Christian college painting class rooms, building rooms, etc.

~Kristi

Ana said...

Oh, look at the beauties!!! How fun. Are they knitted or crocheted? We have both kinds at our house, nearly all of our washcloths are homemade washcloths:)

Heather said...

I just love those cloths...and I thought I had already commented on them?! :) Anyway, just beautiful!

ExploreColorado said...

I used to work with a guy from the philipines. I learned the phrase Huagam Maga ala la from him. It means no worrie ( yes like "hakuna matata" off the lion king.) You can't tell how long ago that was.
I hope their trip goes well.
Vickie

A Hoppy Teacher said...

Those are the only kind of dish cloths I use. I love them! My mother-in-law made them. (she has been deceased for 5 years) I guess I'll have to find somewhere to purchase them when mine are completely worn out.
Thanks for your posts on my blog,
Crystal