Thursday, April 24, 2008

Flip Book tutorial



Ok here we go please bear with me if I get a little too wordy. This is only my second tutorial and this one is going to be a little longer than the last. If you have any questions about any step in this that I don't clarify enough please let me know.

Supply List:

1- 11"x11" piece of thin chipboard
2- 5 1/2"x11" pieces of thin chipboard
18-3"x5" or 3 1/2"x5" Whisper white paper (I prefer 3 1/2"x5")
2- 12"x12" Designer paper
4- 12"x12" solid cardstock (make sure it matches your designer paper)
Ribbon- about 4 feet (it should be at least 2 inches in thickness)
Sticky strip or glue stick
bone folder
paper cutter
scoring blade
scissors



1. Cut your thin chip board down to size. You need one piece that is going to be 11"x11". You need two pieces that are going to be 5 1/2"x11". Don't cut your designer paper down you will need those extra inches.



2. Cut one of your designer pieces of paper in half. You should have a 12"x12" piece of paper so now you should have 2 pieces that are 6"x12". Now you are ready to attach your designer paper to your three pieces of thin chip board.



3. Your going to cut off all the corners of the designer paper. This will make your corners fold nicely. Fold over all four sides and attach with sticky strip.



4. Take your ribbon and put some adhesive on the back and attach it to the inside of your flip book. You can try and eye the middle or you can use a ruler and be exact.



5. Cut 2 pieces of your solid card stock down to 11"x12". These are going to be used as the fan folds on the inside. You are going to score at 1 1/2" from one side to the other. Then fold like an accordion and use your bone folder to flatten.



6. Attach the accordion pieces to the inside of the 11"x11" thin chip board. After you attached the accordion pieces to the inside attach the other side of the accordion to the 5 1/2"x11" piece. That will make the front of your book.

7. Cut one solid piece of paper down to 10 7/8"x 10 7/8" and attach it to the inside of your book. This piece should cover the accordion attached to the thin chip board. Cut 2 pieces of solid paper down to 5 3/8"x 10 7/8". Attach those to the inside of your smaller pieces which will also cover the accordion that is attached to the thin chip board.



8. Take your 18 pieces of whisper white 3"x5" or 3 1/2"x5" cards. You are going to attach these to your accordion pieces. Two on the outside and one on the inside.



Here is what the finished product should look like. I hope everyone had fun! If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to let me know.

7 comments:

Ana said...

I love it!!!! What a neat idea!!! And I LOVE the paper you used!!! Ahh, I need one now. :)

Heather said...

What a CUTE idea! Beautiful :)

Mishel said...

Awesome tutorial Tiff!! Love it!

Kristi said...

Love it! It's the perfect colors and print. Really great idea.

~Kristi

ExploreColorado said...

This is as good as Cake TV. (Saturday Morning Cartoons) Once in a while I let the girls watch it. They always do some kind of neat craft. Fun. Fun.

Megan said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for the sweet comment! I *love* this little flip book! I'm a crazed scrapbooker too, so I think I'll stop by now & again to see what you're doing. Have a great weekend!!
-Megan

Katie said...

So cute! I'll add it to my (woefully long) list of things I want to do... now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom, and you know - have tons of free time. :)
Love it.