Friday, April 18, 2008

Life is good!



This card is called "Life is good!" I'm going to make a list of all the supplies I used and a tutorial on how to put the card together. This will show you just how easy it is to put together a cute card.

Stamp set: She's all that, Weathered background

Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, and Basic Black

Ink: Basic Black

Accessories: 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, mini glue dots and snail adhesive


Here is the tutorial to put your card together.

Your going to cut your card (old olive) at 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". Score your card at 4 1/4"

Take the Basic Black paper and cut it at 3 1/2" by 4 1/2".

Take your So Saffron paper and cut it at 3 1/4" by 4 1/4".

Take your Whisper White paper and cute it at 3" by 4".

Now that you have all your paper cut out we will stamp the images on the paper and put the card together. Take your Weathered background stamp and your Old Olive stamp pad. Here is how I like to use my background stamps, because they are larger stamps I flip them on their backs. After I put my ink on them I lay the paper on top and press down, you can use a scratch piece of paper to lay on top so your hands don't get dirty. Put your Old Olive ink on your background stamp and lay your card (Old Olive) onto of the background stamp rub the image onto the paper. Next take your Whisper White paper and your Life is good stamp. Apply your Life is good stamp to your Basic Black ink and stamp your image on the paper. Now take your ribbon and make a bow and trim the extra ribbon on the bottom. A helpful hint to make it look super cute is cut the ribbon at an angel. Now we are ready to put our card together!!! Take your Whisper White paper and your snail adhesive and attach it to the So Saffron paper. Take that set and attach it to the Basic Black paper. Take that set and attach it to the Old Olive card. Last step (your almost done) put a mini glue dot on the back of your bow and attach it to your card. This is what your card should look like when your done.



I have only given a tutorial in person during a workshop so... I hope that it was some what helpful. If you have any questions or I didn't explain something enough let me know. Happy stamping!!!



5 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

That is SO cute! Now you're making me want to order a starter kit, too. Hmmm... :)

Tiffany said...

The starter kits are a great way to get started!!!! They come with everything you need to make 12 cards. They come cute are ready for you to stamp them and put them together. Lots of fun!!!! :)

Ana said...

How FUN!!! I love handmade cards! It is so wonderful!!

Also, I love the new look. Dots are the best!!

Sorry I haven't been here in a while! Don't worry, I have not forgotten you! :)

Mishel said...

So cute!!! And what a great idea to do a tutorial! I can't wait to get my order together--sorry it hasn't been more quick, it's been a crazy week (as you know!).

Love you!

ExploreColorado said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but the best things in life aren't easy.
To me landscaping or painting isn't work. You have some really neat ideas. Keep up the good "work."
Vickie